|Informed Funding - Events listing|
R&D – How to Fund and Launch New Products and Services
Clerkenwell Workshops, 27-31 Clerkenwell Close, Clerkenwell, London, EC1R 0AT
The Leather Market, Weston Street, Bermondsey, London, SE1 3ER
Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London, W10 5JJ
Are you an organisation looking to profit from the launch of new products and services? If so, you are already in the business of R&D, and this is a day aimed at helping you to achieve commercial success.
This is a unique opportunity to better understand how to focus on R&D, source Commercial Finance, access Grant Funding, benefit from Tax Credits, protect your Investment and achieve a profitable launch.
The day will suit a range of different business, including:
- Pre-Revenue, but with an exciting proposition in development
- Post launch, but with more finance required to fully commercialise the Opportunity created
- Existing businesses with the potential for “spinning out” a new proposition that requires investment.
The day consists of three phases, and you can participate in any, or all three:
1:1 Consultations. During the day – book in for intensive, one-hour reviews of your funding strategy, incorporating a follow up report with recommendations.
Afternoon Workshops. Meet with leading specialists to assist with your strategy, funding and legal challenges involved with commercialising R&D.
Evening Seminar. A chance to network with many other businesses looking to develop new products and services, leading specialists, and participate in a panel session that will be shared through Informed Funding's Facebook page.
A 1:1 consultation can help you through the finance maze. provide the type of independent, experienced and trusted, guidance on financial challenges that is so hard to find or too expensive to consider. These sessions will be a great chance to interrogate your financial strategy relating to the launch of new products and services.
The consultations will run in three locations.
Clerkenwell Workshops | 9:05am to 1:05pm
The Leather Market | 9:00am to 1:00pm
Westbourne Studios | 9:15am to 5:15pm
Our 1:1 consultations are Free and Exclusive to Workspace customers and Club Workspace members only. If you are not a Workspace customer, but interested in attending a consultation, please get in touch with Alison Surry at email@example.com
These will be intense, rewarding, sessions, run by leading specialists. We encourage sharing of ideas and challenges between attendees, something that can be continued during the refreshment break and at the evening seminar.
The sessions will cover:
- Sourcing specialist commercial finance
- Accessing Grants and similar funding
- How to process R&D tax credits
- How to account for R&D
- Spinning out new opportunities from your core business
- Protecting your IP – from both competitors and potential partners
- Commercial Strategies for launching new products and services
- Access to Government Agencies that can provide support
The Workshop Sessions are all delivered by leading experts, and we include a list of some of those involved at the bottom of this page.
The Workshop Sessions will run at two locations, but with the same content and coverage.
The Workshop Sessions are free to Workspace customers and Club Workspace Members.
Non-Workspace customers may access the Workshops Sessions for £125+VAT
6:00pm to 8:30pm
The Evening Seminar is free to access for all. Please register you interest in attending. Priority will be given to Business Owners or those part of a Senior Leadership team.
The Government recently released its Industrial Strategy. Two key objectives are:
Ideas: The world’s most innovative economy
Business environment: The best place to start and grow a business
Given these ambitions, we are going to ask the question “Can UK SMEs become leaders in Innovation, Research and Development?”
To help our discussion, we are joined by a panel with rich experience, and expertise, relating to the challenges involved in creating successful, innovative, businesses.
- Steve Folwell – CEO of LOVESPACE, the ground-breaking, disruptive player in the personal storage sector
- Isabel Van De Keere, PhD – Founder and CEO of Virtual Reality start-up, Immersive Rehab
- Virginia Driver – leading IP Attorney, former Chair of the Software Association and Partner at Page White and Farrer
- Oliver Woolley – CEO and Co-Founder of Envestors LLP, and leading player in the funding of fast growth, innovative businesses.
Our audience will include many innovative businesses with ambitious plans for new products and services, plus a range of experts with specialist knowledge of commercial R&D.
The timetable for the evening is below:
Evening Seminar Timetable:
6:00pm to 7:00pm (Networking Drinks and Canapes)
7:00pm to 7:45pm (Panel Discussion – Recorded for Facebook "Live" broadcast)
7:45pm to 8:00pm (Audience Q&A)
8:00pm to 8:30pm (Networking Drinks Until End)
Haydn Walker – Business Outreach Manager at the Intellectual Property Office (IPO). The Business Outreach team at the IPO supports growth and innovation in the UK by informing and educating UK business on the importance of intellectual property (IP) rights.